Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day!

Life was a little hairy there for a little while but it has certainly gone uphill (knock on wood...) I wanted to say how grateful I am for how well things are going now. There was so much uncertainty about moving and a new job and everything that goes along with all of that. I was so worried I wouldn't be able to find friends as good as I had in Meridian and so much fear about Brandon's new job. I can happily say that I am making beautiful life long friends that I am so excited about ( not to replace the old ones but a welcome addition:)!)

We are doing so well here. We LOVE Washington, it is so amazingly beautiful. Brandon loves his job, yesterday he said that he loves the weekends but he is actually excited about going back when the weekend is over. I can't tell you what a good feeling it is to see my husband so happy again, he was unhappy for so long at his old job - it was like he was torturing himself everyday, that's hard to see! My kids are also doing well. Dillon is starting a little sports program on Wednesday that is an intro to a few different sports and Kenzie is finally adjusting to nursery:). My friends and I started a little scrap booking club and our first meeting went until 11pm, not a lot of scrapbooking got done... oops;) We also are doing playgroup and SDS (Simply Doing Something) that a friend started - we just do 'something' all us youngish' gals once a month. It's so good to have things to look forward to, this month it's a spa night:).

I was so unbelievably homesick when we first moved here and although I will always miss being near my dear sisters and Boise friends I am very grateful to have been welcomed so warmly here in Washington!

Brandon made today so special, he is really good at being a sweetheart (when he wants to be...) and it has been such a good day!

Happy Mothers Day!

3 comments:

Kayla said...

I am so glad that you are happy here! Washington really is a wonderful place, so many wonderful people. Hope you had a happy mothers day!

Alexis said...

I am so glad to read this post! I guess those happy e-cards did something! :-) I'm glad that you are getting involved with people and making new friends. I can't wait till Josh is able to go to work and actually like it. Someday... hopefully soon.

Brit said...

Thanks again for having me over on Sunday. The dinner was really good. Brandon has one up on me because I have yet to make the traditional meat and potatoes meal. It was also fun to be around your cute little bundles of joy!
Oh, and I can't wait for Thursday's spa night!