Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Forever and Always a Book Worm...

I love books, they are like air to me. How silly:) I am in a constant search for the next book or the next series so I thought others might be also. Here is a compilation of a few of my favorites - only a few because to create an actual list of all the books I've read would more than likely be impossible. They are not in order, I don't think that's possible either:)

The Sisters Grimm (series) Michael Buckley
These is my Words Nancy Turner
Amelia Peabody (series) Elizabeth Peters
Princess Academy (and others) Shannon Hale
Stephenie Meyer, though I will be very upset if this last book disappoints me as much as the 3rd did.
Hannah Swenson Mystery (series) Joanne Fluke
Diane Mott Davidson (series) These last two are a similar style, a chef with mysteries to solve - my favorite part about these is that they include recipes... yeah! Thats another thing I'm always hunting for.
Mrs. Pollifax (series) Dorothy Gilman
Oh, a big duh... Harry Potter - all of them.
Anne Perry! Both series - Pitt or Monk are wonderful!
I do so enjoy those LDS romances - yeah I know... :)
Last but not least, The Persian Pickle Club Sandra Dallas

    You might wonder how I read so much and keep a (relatively...) clean house - books on CD - they've saved me. They feed my addiction and keep me motivated to clean the kitchen because I can only find out who did what if I am in there working. I bake a lot if I have a really good book going...

    Side note, if you read and enjoy any of my suggestions, you are now obligated to suggest a book to me:) Happy reading!

    3 comments:

    Alexis said...

    Okay, so you know that I totally don't read, but I just started a book which is really good so far, I will let you know once i finish, it might be a year! But books on tape... do you borrow them from the Library?

    Matt and Monae Curtis said...

    I just saw your comment on Janas blog and I just want to say I LOVE the Barrington Family Saga. It is really good as are most anything she writes. Some of it is the cheesy romance stuff but if you can get past the cheese, its all very well written. I also like most anything by Rachel Nunes and the Children of the Promise Series as well as the follow up series, Hearts of the Children. Another good book is the Memory Keepers Daughter as well as P.S. I Love You, that will rip your heart out, so much better than the movie although not as clean as the LDS romance novels. I could probably go on forever.... thanks for your suggestions, I too LOVE books!!!

    Brandon and Natalie said...

    Yup, library...