Monday, January 31, 2011

All Because of the Whistle :)

Kenzie ballet teacher called to cancel class today because she has the flu, so I had to explain to Kenzie what the flu is.   Dillon always wants a recap of the days events when he gets home from school.

Kenzie - (telling Dillon about her day) Ballet was canceled today because my teacher had a whistle!

Dillon - Huh?

Me (laughing) - A What?

Kenzie - (confused) A whistle?  Oh, a FLUTE!  She had a flute.

Me (laughing hysterically and unable to clarify so Kenzie started to cry.)

Dillon - (still confused) A what?

Me - the flu, she has the flu, it sounds just like flute.  Kenzie, tell Dillon what happens when you get the flu. (She calms down and tries to explain.)

Kenzie - you get really sick and have a fever and a head egg and you have eggs all over your body.  Sometimes you get areeea (diarrhea) or frow up.  



I couldn't stop laughing.  Her big brown eyes were looking mighty scared when I described what her teacher had; can you picture what must have been going through her head???  Oh dear.

4 comments:

Jessica Brown said...

Hey your family pic looks awesome at the top of your blog! What a cute family. :)

LOL to your post. And I do really mean I laughed OUT LOUD.

thepainterfamily said...

haha! that is a great story!

Alexis said...

HILARIOUS!!! I love what kids say.

Queen of the Hill said...

That is seriously the BEST part of motherhood!