Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Christmas-ish Post...







You wanna know the best thing I got this year for Christmas - well here it is...
  • My gorgeous husband took TWO WEEKS OFF!  Yes, he still checked his phone, but not every two seconds like usual and he didn't even bring his ear piece.  Yes, he worried and fretted about customers calling and not leaving messages.   But a little bit less that usual so I was delighted - that man needs a break.
  • We drove to Kennewick, then Cascade, then back to Kennewick, then back home without a hitch.  The weather was perfect, the worst roads we found our entire trip were pulling into our own subdivision.  The truck did perfect.  And the kids were - okay, I was going to say angels, but we've all traveled with kids right?  Angels might be too strong an endearment but they were little troopers!  
  • I got to see my parents, my sisters, my brother, my brother in laws, my nieces & nephews, Brandon's parents, my sister in laws, a future sister in law and a possible future brother in law (wink wink)... so the shorter version would have been that I got to see all the people that I so dearly love all in the same week.  It was fabulous.  My cup runneth all over the place, for petes sake it was a flood!  :)  (Actually we literally had a flood, before we left we noticed that our upstairs neighbors washer wasn't draining properly - it was draining into our place... great fun that was :) but that wasn't what I was referring to!  )  I miss my family so much.  They are so cool.  Really.  My sisters & sister in laws are the essence of cool, my brother is the reason they invented cool.  I love that each of these people hold qualities that I make the little girl in me say, "When I grow up, I wanna be just like_______!"  My mom and dad drove 2,000 miles AGAIN.  Just to see us! 
  • Business is booming.  While we were at Brandon's parents house, Brandon closed a deal (okay, deal not TOTALLY closed but about 99%, pretty much closed...) a HUGE deal for work, which included hiring the first employee, and buying a second work truck and come spring will also lead to employee #2.
 What I'm tryin' to say here, is that it was perfect.  Exactly what Christmas is for me - family, and more importantly, a family centered around Christ.



Side note - Eliza, I'm pretty sure we all clipped your pictures - we're a bunch of cleptos... 

No comments: