Sunday, October 12, 2008

Makernoni and Sheesh


Macaroni & cheese is a staple among mothers. For years I fought the dreaded "box" and eventually I caved. I love the stuff - homemade though, the box is one thing I can easily live without! My mom makes the best, it's so simple and yummy. For my Boise friends do a mourning celiac a favor and go downtown to Louisiana Fried Chicken on Broadway, eat it in honor of me :) They make the best mac and cheese I've ever eaten...

So I'm sure you are wondering about this tribute to macaroni and cheese of all things. I've been cravin' the stuff, it had been invading my dreams and keeping me awake - well not really I just really missed it - yes more than cake, more than Brandon's heavenly chocolate chip cookies (he has a magic touch), more than the chocolate chip pumpkin bread and danish almond puff pastries I make this time of year - oh the baking I am missing out on (why couldn't I have found out after Christmas???), but yes I had a hankerin' for mac & cheese, I'm a little different.

I made some. Rice noodles and cornstarch, but I made it and it tasted pretty good. A new celiac friend of mine said that when she keeps her expectations really low, things end up tasting pretty good :) Well, if you've stuck with me this long, now you know - mac n' cheese is edible for non-wheaties ... as long as I make it and it doesn't come from a box :)

No comments: