Saturday, October 18, 2008

I'm Having an Affair . . .

Although I never thought the day would come that those words would come forth from my lips, it's true, dastardly and horribly true... (don't stop reading!!!)

I am an Idaho girl to the core, my heart will always belong there, but I have recently fallen in love, again. North-western Washington has made a play for me. It is trying to steal a place in occupied territory. I cannot tell you the beauty of this area, you know if you have been here. It is beyond compare (with anything I have experienced thus far in my short existence) I love it here.

On one hand you have some of God's art work at it's finest. Puget Sound and it's many beauties, Mount Rainier peaking/peeking out at you in between the clouds, and our newest exploration, Point Defiance Park (the zoo and aquarium are somewhat famous but the park is what should be - and most of it is free which is a price tag I most admire!)
After today's adventure, I might have to be dragged from this city kicking and screaming.
I am as happy as a bear in the honey pot, now if I could only find a way of transporting all the people from Idaho who are still tugging my heart strings - and the ones in Utah and Texas, life would be perfect!

For my big city loving husband I bring you the other hand... Seattle, as much big city as an Idaho boy can handle and much more! For myself though, I stay far away - unless he is driving ...

As for my title - never you worry, Mr. Bradshaw is so thoroughly adored that my heart - although fickle when the matter of land is in reference, it is not where my Colonel Brandon is concerned!

In case you noticed, not that you could help it, yes I've been reading Austen - with all the joy and fondness my heart can issue. :)

3 comments:

JoJo said...

If I were a blog critic this would be my review:

Delightful! Natalie will have you laughing and longing with her inviting descriptions of home.

Alexis said...

You've got my sold, just if I had the money to travel. That park looked gorgeous! I think you need to stay there a little longer, or maybe we will just have to visit there later in life if you do move away, and you can be my tour guide.

thepainterfamily said...

I can honestly say...I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN! Of course my heart will always be in Kansas City, but hey, I would TOTALLY live in Portland (or northwest in general) again! BEAUTIFUL!