Thursday, September 4, 2008
Dang Blasted STUPID GUM!!!!
Earlier today... It's minutes before nap time - the lets get just a bit more energy out of her so she'll nap longer kind of day and she is rather cranky. Dillon LOVES gum, he practically lives for gum, he always has to be chewing on something and to save his already gnawed fingernails and nearby toys - we give him gum - it's solves the problem. BUT, now Kenzie - with her ever watchful eye - has picked up on this and thinks she gets some too, if I don't, she usually digs it out of the trash so I just give it to her, it keeps her happy. What happened this morning then is probably my fault. I gave them gum hoping they would leave me alone and let me finish the dishes before quiet time (so then it's all mine! My stolen moment during the day :) ) They were perfectly happy chewing and playing until Kenzie comes up to me with her wad in her hair, a half inch from her scalp on the tip top of her noggin. Not cut-able, I am far too vain to allow that sort of digression from her beautiful face! Back to present... I spent the last hour scratching, combing, tugging, and oiling then bathing, shampooing and re-shampooing Kenzie's head. She did okay, only minimal crying even with all the hair that ended up being pulled out in the process. I'd always heard peanut butter but I can't do that ... so I looked up other methods and saw others had success with olive oil - it's not as easy as they say - of course they were using it on 6 year old and mine is 2... could have been the problem. NO MORE GUM FOR KENZIE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I am sorry. This is why my kids don't get gum. Megan thinks that gum is for flying on airplanes. We won't tell her otherwise. I was waiting for a picture of Kenzie's new due.
That stinks. I'm sorry! Kids and gum don't mix. I'm glad you didn't have to cut her hair, that would have been sad.
You crack me up about how you are too vain to cut her hair. Sorry about your struggle though. :)
Post a Comment