Saturday, September 6, 2008

A favorite quote


I believe in myself. I do not mean to say this with egotism or arrogance, but I believe in my capacity to do good, to make some contribution to the society of which we are a part. I believe that I am a child of God endowed with a divine birthright. I believe that we have a godly inheritance and that it is our responsibility, our obligation, and our opportunity to cultivate and nurture the very best of these qualities within us. I do no have to be a scrub, though my contribution may be small, I can perform it with dignity and offer it with unselfishness. My talents may not be great, but I can use to them to bless the lives of others. I can be the one who does his work with pride in that which comes from his hand and mind. I can be one who works with respect for my associates, for their opinions, for their beliefs to help them should they stumble. I believe in the principle that I can make a difference in this world.


Gordon B. Hinkley 1991


3 comments:

Kayla said...

That was such a good quote. Its funny as I was ready it I could actually hear Pres. Hinkley's sweet voice. What a great Man!

thepainterfamily said...

love.this. Thank you! :)

Gina and Jon said...

Oh my goodness I found you guys! And you have totally cute kids! This is Gina, I went to high school with Brandon, hope all is going well!!