
These were requested from me so I thought I'd just post them and everyone can have them - I don't like making things unless I see a picture, sorry no cake picture, just make it - it's good! But here is a random little girl holding a Powerball, it's from the magazine WonderTime.
PowerBall - to replace the "dough balls" (frozen balls of cookie dough) I usually give my kids to snack on, I'm such a good mom, here have some raw eggs, butter and sugar for a snack :) We all have our faults...
Mix 1 C. peanut butter and 1 c. honey until smooth, gradually add in 3 cups oats and 1/2 c. ground flaxseed. Add 1 c. chocolate chips and 1 c. any combination of dried fruit and nuts (try chopped peanuts with raisins and craisins or blueberries) and smoosh together by hand or gently with your mixer. Roll into ping-pong sized balls. You can eat them right away but they will be less sticky after a night in the fridge. They freeze really well too layered on wax paper in an airtight container. Makes 40 - 48 balls.
Oatmeal Cake - this stuff is delicious!!!
1 1/2 c. boiling water
1 c. oatmeal
1/2 c. shortening
1c. sugar
1c. brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp salt, vanilla & baking soda
1 1/3 c. flour
Topping:
6 T. butter
2/3 c. brown sugar
1 c. coconut
1 c. nuts (we just added extra coconut)
1/4 c. cream or evap. milk
1 tsp vanilla
Pour boiling water over oatmeal and let stand until cool. Cream together shortening, sugar and eggs. Add oatmeal to mixture. Sift dry ingredients together and add to mixture. Mix well, Bake 350 to 35 minutes while cake is hot spread with topping and cook under the broiler for 3 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned
Topping
Put butter in pan and melt over low heat. Add all other ingredients and mix well. Spread over top of cake and broil.
This cake keeps very well - if you hide it. It is perfectly acceptable as breakfast food, while your kids are eating their own oatmeal with a measly half teaspoon of brown sugar and some honey :)

2 comments:
Thanks for posting! The cake was so good and I bet the PowerBalls are too! I will post the Chinese recipes... eventually!
Thanks for the recipes! I'm always trying to find snacks for my kids that are a little more on the heathly side. I think they'll love the powerballs!
Post a Comment