Friday, August 15, 2008

Silver Dollar Oat Pancakes

(I fixed it just for you Jess :) )

My kids gobbled these up! (It could have been that I put ears on them and told Dillon they were Aurthur (PBS kids) ) that's okay with me :)

Ingredients:
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup quick cooking oats

1- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
3/4 c. buttermilk
1/2 cup cinnamon applesauce (we no sugar added applesauce and added some cinnamon)
2 TB butter - melted (I left out this ingredient - I didn't see it until just now... oops)


Directions:
In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. In a small bowl beat the egg, buttermilk, applesauce and butter (which can be left out for a healthier version ... hehehe) stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Cook just like normal pancakes... Oh and they freeze really well.

3 comments:

thepainterfamily said...

ohhh yum! I love oats...I bet these pancakes taste GREAT! I'm gonna have to give them a try! :)

Alexis said...

Can you sub the buttermilk with regular milk? I don't ever have buttermilk. But they sound really good.

Brandon and Natalie said...

You can use milk but you have to add vinegar to sour it. For 3/4 c. of milk you would do 3/4 tsp of vinegar - I just kind of eyeball it.