Well a few weeks ago I had a friend, Michelle, from Boise come to stay. She has two girls - Nicole is 5 who Dillon is convinced is the girl of his dreams and Alayna who is 2. Just before we moved their favorite activity was making "beds..." T R O U B L E :) I was so excited about her coming! I had a few (dozen) activities planned and we were going to be happy and busy the whole time :) Enter - Seattle weather :) Oh well, we had a few nice days. My friend Karri and I planned a big trip to Seattle - anything is big when 6 children are involved! We walked a few blocks to take the bus and took up the entire handicapped section! Kids from left Thomas & Kiersten (Karri's kids) Kenzie, Alayna, Dillon & Nicole.
It was such a blast!!! A little crazy and hectic at moments but so much fun. We got off the bus at Pike Place Market, walked all over the market, then walked to the ferry and went to Bainbridge Island. We had planned to get off there but we had done enough walking, so we got off the ferry and then got back on the ferry to ride back to Seattle :) Then we had to walk back to the bus stop wait for a bit, ride the insanely busy bus with 6 very tired children (all of us separated because it was so crowded) through a few dozen stops, then walk back the few blocks to our homes. We walked a lot! It was very worth it!
What better thing to do when you are exhausted? Lay around and watch a movie - well actually this was a different day - when we got home we ran around frantically trying to get the house ready for dinner company :)Now I'm sure you are wondering how I could be in Seattle for 9 hours and only take 2 pictures... the camera was just too difficult to reach in my backpack, I got insanely lazy, I forgot - take your pick. Another fun little thing about this day-cation is that on the way back from Bainbridge I just happened to run into an old high school fling - what are the odds!!! For my PHS friends - I saw JD Mulder - and he looks good ladies, really good :) You know those times when you know you are going to see old friends and you get all dressed up and lookin' hot, this wasn't one of those times... On the plus side at least I was wearing mascara and hadn't been covered in peanut butter and pee at that point in the trip.

3 comments:
I didn't think that you were going to mention JD. I still wish you would have reached in your back pocket and grabbed your camera to take a picture for me. Oh, well, maybe I will see him sometime. But I like the face lift that you did to your blog, where did you find it? I have more to tell you, I guess I will e-mail.
Welcome back friend! Lol about the old fling!
Cute blog!
hehe! "making beds"...cute. I am glad you're back, and enjoyed the break! I love your new blog look too...and the pics on the sidebar are precious! love the nicknames! :)
Post a Comment