Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Kenzie's Wedding.

This is for my memory box, when I'm old and senile I want to remember this moment.  I wish I'd gotten pictures of her acting this out, alas, there are none - I was too busy taking notes.  You don't have to read it all but someday I hope Kenzie does :)

Scene - Kenzie standing in the center of the room looking very serious holding a flower and wearing fake earrings (of which one is lost).  (she's acting out all the parts in this play)

  • Do you want to spend the rest of your life with this man?  Yes
  • Do you want him to pinch you?  No
  • Do you want him to take your picture?  Yes
  • Do you want to wear earrings?  Yes
  • Do you want him to hug and kiss you all the time?  Yes.
Mom!  Come catch my flower!!!
 Oh good, we're married now I need to go shopping!
Well, I actually didn't get married because we forgot to dance - so we're not really married, he's just my boyfriend :)
End Scene.

Imaginary play witnessed while I was making lunch so while we ate lunch I asked her to tell me what she wants her wedding to be like, there was some coaching on my part like you have to choose wedding colors and what bridesmaids are; the rest is all her, these are my notes for posterity :) (She is currently wearing a towel on her head like a veil and dancing around the room while she watches tv)

Pink balloons

Red flowers

My dress is going to be white with a ribbon on the top and flower tights and flowers on the bottom of the poofy part.

Bridesmaids dresses will be pink with white flowers.  Mommy's dress is going to be pink on top and red on the skirt she gets to hold daisys.

The ribbons on the top of the room are going to be red all the other ribbons are going to be yellow.

We are going to eat cake with the people getting married on top.

We're having grilled cheese for lunch and Mommy has to make them.

There's going to be a candy table like at Uncle Spencer's wedding.

The drinks are going to be rootbeer, Sprite and water and that juice at Uncle Spencer's wedding dinner (as you can tell it was her inspiration...)

My dad and husband and brothers get to wear a white shirt with a yellow tie and black pants and a mohawk or whatever hairdo they can do.

There is going to be bikes and fun stuff for kids to do.

There will be pictures everywhere of me and my boyfriend and I will be doing this (shows different poses and facial expressions) and there should be some pictures of me from preschool.

Everything is going to be gluten free.

The walls are going to be green and red and yellow.

Everyone gets to dye their hair any color they want.  (I just colored my hair, she's pretty fixated on it)

Mommy always has to be close to me.

(I say - Kenzie is that all?  I'm almost out of room on the page.  "Mom, you can just start a new page."  Okay then...  New page :))

Don't forget that when I get married I'm going to have a beautiful top and a beautiful dress and a beautiful table set up.

Everyone has to be happy and smiling and Kayda (her little preschool buddy) has to be there.

There's going to be a bathroom so nobody goes outside. (yup, Uncle Spencer's wedding :)  My little nephew went outside in full view of the windows during the reception - it was hilarious, she was less than impressed.  I told her it was just a funny thing for a little boy to do and she told me very matter of fact - "it wasn't funny - it was gross". )

Well, that's it.  Conversation with my beautiful 5 1/2 year old :)

2 comments:

Marynika Miché said...

I love this sooo much! Being a wedding coordinator, it is even that much better:)

Anonymous said...

Hey that pee fountain was disappointed that his behind isn't want for Kenzie's wedding. We'll come anyways. Loved all your new posts and I am so happy that you can move into your house!! -leah