Tuesday, June 3, 2008

JAZZERCISE!!!!!

My friend, Karri, convinced me to sign up for a class through the community center-- Jazzercise. Tonight was the first night, I walked in and took notice of the 40 - 70 year old women and men and got a little cocky... I'm 25 and I've got a fairly decent body, not horrible shape but no "regular" work out routine (unless you count carrying around a 20 lb & a 50 lb toddler and our sporadic mommy 'n' kids dance off :) ) - if they can do this, it's going to be a walk in the park for me! I sit before you rather humbled... The dear sweet elderly woman in front of me was doing her workout with 25 lb weights and I was using ... ummm ... air. I am writing this now before I am so sore I can't move - which will be the second I wake up tomorrow morning.

On a lighter note. That was the most fun I have ever paid for!!! Most of the time I was laughing - both out of enjoyment and at my unfortunate lack of coordination - I have less than none (possible??? yes, come watch me some time) The music and movements with the hip thrust, rolling shoulders and my work out pants ... I felt like some sexy/worldly back up dancer... until I looked in the mirror at myself :) Can I say just one more time how much fun that was?!?!?! Incredible.

Brittany, Jessica & Julie - prepare yourself cause the next session starts in July and I'm dragging you there. To my other friends - if you ever get the chance to Jazzercise - DO IT!!! Yes, you will look like an idiot, but you will never look as bad as me - uncoordinated, wheezing, watching the whole class go the opposite direction as me and smiling the whole time.

Have a great day!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are toooo delightful. I've been the one looking crazy and going every which way but the right one! ALMOST makes me want to look up a Jazzersize class! What happened to your running/jogging?
XOXO~M

Alexis said...

I think we have one of those classes here, I'll go with you when you come visit alright! :-) I would have LOVED to be a fly on the wall in that room.

thepainterfamily said...

hahah! I giggled the whole way through your post...but the funny thing is, I can TOTALLY relate. I feel all cool during my step classes. I think I am getting it, and then I glance in the mirror and realize I have horrible form and look like a bumbling, bouncing idiot! :)haha! it still counts as excersice right? Even if its not pretty!?

Brit said...

Bring it on... I have moves you've never seen before. Actually I don't know if my moves should be seen in public!!

The Shaffer's said...

I am laughing out loud! I have so been there. Fun stuff, huh?
HOpe all is well.