Monday, June 23, 2008

Camping with Friends

Dillon pushing Kenzie, Olivia, and Thomas
Throwin' rocks...
Shoulder rides with Kenz 'n' me
Brandon jumping off the tower with a rope swing
Best tree house ever!!! Dillon was a little scared of it at first but as soon as he saw his friend going up he took a chance and loved it.

My Kenzie girl loves swings. She would swing all day if I let her! I wish this picture was bigger, the look on her face is pure delight!
This swing was the best part of the campsite was the playground, it had the coolest swings. This was our favorite.
The husbands pretending to be kids again. Brandon and our friend Jaron.
Kenzie's love of swinging, quite possibly, is genetic:)

I love camping - everything about it, the smell, the freedom, the food, the ability to appreciate something majestic! (With the exception of outhouses, which Dillon informed me are "disgusting!" It's so great! I am fortunate enough to be friends with one of those really awesome "take charge" people, she's a doer you know, we all talk about stuff and want to do things but she's the kind that if you talk about it, she's going to do it, she amazes me! (A HUGE thanks to Maggie, she's the one I'm talking about here and she put this entire trip together!!)

12 couples, mainly from the ward and then a few extras. We went to a church camp, Zions, 45 minutes from Tacoma. We had such a blast!!! We are going again in August, anyone wanting to join us is welcome:) With this place camping was almost as fun as it was when I was a kid!

5 comments:

Kayla said...

That looks like you had so much fun! Theres nothing like the great outdoors!

thepainterfamily said...

oh.my.gosh! What an amazing trip! Thats the northwest for ya! Tons of beautiful camp sites and GREAT weather for it! I am glad you guys are having such a ball in your new place! :)

Me said...

looks like a bunch of fun! especially the swings

Snelders said...

Cute pics! This was a fun overnighter, but next time we'll have to camp next to each other so we see more of each other!! Sorry about "ditching" play group yesterday! :)

Alexis said...

So much fun, I dont know if I would call that camping. That looks like a fun playground. I'm glad that you have found some great friends to become your new family. Friends really make the difference when you are away from home. Love ya!