We were talking in Relief Society today about what our mothers had taught us. I've lost my voice so I didn't raise my hand so can I blog about it instead?

I'm guessing I was crying here... but my Mother looks so lovely. Please excuse the nudity...
My Mom's attempt to teach me to sew. She took me to the fabric store and let me choose a pattern. Then she stayed up all hours of the night to finish it. I LOVED that dress. I was kind of an Anne Of Green Gables kid and it had PUFFED sleeves :)
You know the usual - she TRIED to teach me how to sew... hemhem... She TRIED to teach me how to cook & clean... cough, cough. Everything else she taught by her own actions. How to be gentle.
How to be graceful.
How to be a lady.
How to be kind.
How to be a mother.
How to be a wife.
How to have it all when there isn't a single extra penny in the bank.
My mother is beautiful, she is an angel, she is the classiest of classy. She is the voice in my head, coaching me through rocky terrain.
She taught me that every meal is better when you make it from scratch and sit together at the table.
She taught me to have good posture.
And to not go in public looking like a lazy scrub.
She taught me to treat my husband like a King.
She taught me R.E.S.P.E.C.T.
She taught me that chocolate chip cookies are good, but they are way better as bars with icing on top.
She taught me to feed my kids the healthiest things I can find and to keep a bag of chocolate chips hidden where they won't find them.
She taught me to work hard, but not if there is a baby that needs to be rocked or tear stained faces to kiss.
It always tastes better if it came from your garden and your sweat.
She taught me the sanctity and bliss of marriage.
And how to work together when marriage and bliss aren't two words you currently feel like putting into the same sentence.
She taught me that beauty is only skin deep.
She taught me to be modest.
She taught me to enjoy life and be happy with what I have.
She taught me to make up songs and sing them to my children.
She taught me to pray and helped me plant the first baby seeds in my testimony.
She taught me about the temple and how to find the kind of man that also loves the temple and understands what Eternity really means to a marriage.
I wonder what Kenzie will have to say about me in 20 years, I keep wondering if I'll match up! :)
She is amazing.
Thank you Mom.




No comments:
Post a Comment