Cabbage has many different uses and recently (within the last 8 months of nursing) I have discovered only a few of them - for which, my little son and I have been very thankful. I only wish I had discovered this gem of knowledge earlier in my life. So to you I pass this nugget. Cabbage has very anti-inflammatory properties and is useful when suffering from every sort of nursing pain. Cabbage on the 'coconuts' is helpful with engorgement, clogged ducts, and mastitis - all three I have tested. I have never purchased so much cabbage in my whole life, neither has Brandon - especially after dark... I've never said the word 'cabbage' so many times, possible more times than a cabbage farmer :) I've been in the midst of the most miserable case of mastitis of all time - fever, chills, body aches, pain, redness and misery - only to be completely cured after a few hours with my leafy friend.
I've read that over use of cabbage can lessen your milk supply, not so with me but if you ever try it, proceed with caution.
![]() |
| I thought this picture was particularly appropriate as all the 'issues' with my cabbage loving knockers have been a result of the over abundance of baby juice. :) |
(this is a fabulous job of copy & paste by yours truly from Wiki)
In European folk medicine, cabbage leaves are used to treat acute inflammation. A paste of raw cabbage may be placed in a cabbage leaf and wrapped around the affected area to reduce discomfort. Some claim it is effective in relieving painfully engorged breasts in breastfeeding women. (for me I say 'the heck with the paste and slap one of those puppies right on the skin')


2 comments:
You are truly hilarious. I will keep this in mind should I ever need help in this area.
So you just tuck a leaf inside your bra? Does eating it do anything or is it for external use only?
Post a Comment