Monday, July 27, 2009

I am a THIEF!

I play "The Grocery Game" and some days I walk out of the store having done a good job, I saved money, I stocked up etc. Some days I walk out of the store feeling this giddy, happy, triumphant feeling of thievery :). I didn't steal, I paid the price worked out by the store sales and the coupon people. I worked dang hard with my kids in tow - bribed to within an inch of my life - and my 3 page list - no stealing there, but it just feels so good...

Today was awesome. My kids were angels - I didn't even realize they were there (except that I was pushing this 75 pound monstrosity they have the nerve to call a grocery cart - shaped, of course, like a firetruck. It probably was an actual firetruck and they just took the motor off and hooked it to a grocery cart. They probably laugh every time some mom ends up having to push it and her purchases and her kids - you think she went through labor with the kids - nope, it was just practice so she could push a firetruck...) Anyhow, in case you can't read the receipt...


I spent $61.57 - SAVINGS OF $137.60 ...

8 comments:

thepainterfamily said...

Oh Natalie...I'm right there with ya! There is NO BETTER feeling!

And those dang firetruck/racecar/taxicab grocery contraptions are the devil. Once my kids were being bad and Dave just took them to the car mid-trip. So I was left pushing that monstosity by myself. with no kids in tow. the guy in front of me at the checkout (he was about 21) cracked up when he saw me coming and asked if I just liked to push those carts. haha! JERK! I said, "I swear, my kids are in the car!"

Kalileenstra said...

My little girl calls them the "car carts" and she always wants me to use it when we go to the store but I tell her that mommy can't drive the car cart because she will crash into things. I agree with you on how horrible those carts are. They do not make a trip to the store easier in any way. Good job on the savings.

Mandy said...

No freaking way! That's a lot of savings! Wow. So need to do that!

Queen of the Hill said...

I hate those shopping carts. That is a perfect analogy.

thepainterfamily said...

hello my fellow deal seaking/gluten free friend! :)

I wish I had your email...I can't seem to locate it, but I wanted to make sure you saw this little deal for a coupon for a FREE box of Betty Crocker gluten-free brownie mix.... follow this link:

http://hip2save.blogspot.com/2009/07/free-betty-crocker-gluten-free-dessert.html

xo
tara

izzorch said...

Teach me.

Snelders said...

You did AWESOME! And I thought I did well this week (Spent $57 and saved $98), but WOW!! Nice work, Natalie!!

Christy said...

You did a great job. Way to go!