Two years ago before my parents moved to Texas and I saw my brother the last time before he left on his mission, my son gave his little heart away. He was only 2 1/2 ish at the time and although I'm not sure the extent of his knowledge regarding missionary efforts, he did understand that Spencer would be going away for a long time and wouldn't have his mommy. Dillon had 2 precious items - his 'froggies,' he loved them with his heart and soul and still does. Well, when Spencer left Dillon gave him one of his froggies and a binkie so they could take care of him while he was on his mission. The froggie left at home has been totally thrashed over the last two years and is getting sadly close to his dying day, I believe Dillon has understanding of this (possibly due to a cryptic conversation with his mother about death while she sewed the froggies head back on for the millionth time...) Froggie (and my brother) have returned with honor, he took a long flight and sometime in a mailbox but he is home (just the froggie, my brother, to my knowledge, has not spent anytime in a mailbox...)
My returned memory came on the same day, my camera, safely and lovingly packaged by my sister, Leah, and niece, Jessie, have been returned and the first picture I took was of this happy reunion :)
Thank you to all involved!

My returned memory came on the same day, my camera, safely and lovingly packaged by my sister, Leah, and niece, Jessie, have been returned and the first picture I took was of this happy reunion :)
Thank you to all involved!


3 comments:
That really is too sweet! And hurray about the camera. I'm glad that it turned up. Did you find any pictures on there of the corporate (sp?) eating cookies and cheese? Can't wait to see more pictures of your trip. I've been missing my friend. Love ya!
That is so cute! I remember when I had Dillon in Nursery. He loved that froggy!
That is too cute! Glad the froggies and Dillion got to reunite!
Post a Comment