Saturday, May 23, 2009

What?

The other day I was trying to nap with Kenzie and Dillon was getting bored. He kept asking what he could eat and finally I told him he could eat ANYTHING he wanted (this was clearly out of desperation - I was TIRED!!!) He ran off in utter disbelief and exuberant excitement to eat - not our brand new superhero popcicles that even I was eyeing, not the fruit snacks, not my secret (not really a secret :) ) stash of chocolate, or chips, none of those junky things I keep for my disposal but rarely share with them. He made a sandwich out of sunflower seeds (with no shells) and sliced almonds :)

5 comments:

Gibb Family said...

Thats too funny. I hope he enjoyed it.

thepainterfamily said...

love.this.post.

it's just SO cute! What a memory! and I love your description!

(go Eco Elite! go!)

tyler family said...

Hmmm interesting combo Dillon. I am impressed that he bypassed the fruit snacks & glad to hear that your candy stash remained intact! So sad about the camera...that stinks.

Jennett said...

Since you're on the subject of food, I thought I would share some fun info with Natalie (though she might already know.) So, I have a dear friend here in Cincinnati who also eats gluten free along with her two girls we babysit often and she just informed me that this summer Betty Crocker is coming out with a gluten free line of cake mixes. And skittles are now marked gluten free (a change from a year ago.) We actually just made them some muddie-buddies with nuttella last week and it too was a big hit. Sorry, I know this was random, but thought you might be interested.

Alexis said...

That is hilarious! I totally understand those times of desperations too. And from the last comment, my honey nut chex that I eat for breakfast is now glutin free too! I don't know if the world is becoming more aware of the need for glutin free stuff or if I am just becoming more aware.