Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My BFF

(photo courtesy of google who led me to someone elses blog:) )

This stuff is AMAZING!!! The catch is you have to start it within a few hours of discovering you have a cold.

I was visiting teaching a couple months ago and in between making the calls and showing up I had started in on a HORRIBLE cold, within hours, you could tell it was "that" cold - usually my colds last for weeks with the hacking - going to make you throw up cough and making my asthma act of somethin' fierce thus making a cold way more miserable. Our bishops wife (who I visit teach) ran up, grabbed a q-tip and Zicam and made me shove it up my nose (yes, a little awkward but worth every second!!!) It's not instant relief or anything, it just makes your cold go away faster. Rather than the usual 2+ weeks a cold usually lasts me, it was gone in a couple days and being gone so quickly it didn't even impact my asthma - YEAHHHHH! As normal breather ya'll might not understand the importance of this - but to a wheezing geezer, this is HUGE! It has been my constant companion during these last few months and as I pass yet another cold this week with great ease and "very little inconvenience to myself" (random P&P quote, for those completely obsessed - or maybe it's just me???) I will willingly pay $12 for a couple days worth of a cold. (if you google Zicam coupons you can print a $1 off coupon, I'm big into coupons...) Another bonus, since my colds have been so short my kids haven't gotten them once! Yeah for healthy kids!!!!!

2 comments:

Me said...

I wish I would have known about this earlier. I have a cold that started 4 days ago, and is taking FOREVER to get itself moving along. I'll have to give it a try.
I'm just crossing my fingers that Mase doesn't get sick - his colds take forever and always turn into something worse. Kayleigh has it, but is a strong kid.
thanks for the zicam advice :)

izzorch said...

We have caught it too. It is going around our whole ward. Too bad you moved away and are missing out on it. We sure miss you. There have been a lot of changes in YW. Tiff is now in the stake. Come and visit soon.