I would like to introduce you to Banana. She is an albino bermese python, would you like one?
More introductions, this is Chubbs, he is a 3 year old alligator who is unable to open his mouth - that's why he's so little and they can pass him around to 2 & 4 year olds without fear :)
Dillon held him too, but it was very quick and he was pretty nervous so I grabbed him away rather quickly. I'd like you to notice my expression, yes, that is a blissful grimace :)
Kenzie was more than willing to hold the alligator, the lizard and the snake, she's one tough cookie - I wouldn't mess with her :)
This is Big Al, he is the largest alligator in captivity weighing in at over 1000 lbs and 13 1/2 feet long. We went when the gators were getting ready to hibernate. In the winter they slow their hearts down so that they only beat 3 times per minute. They also don't eat anything because it would rot in their belly's and kill them. Delightful knowledge gained in Gator Country, so educational. However next time we will go when they are HUNGRY, it would be more fun :)
The man poking Big Al was very interesting, I had no idea there were people in the world that had such interest in these foul beasts. He loved them!!! He knew everything there was to know and was genuinely concerned about their well being and happiness! It was so interesting, I really learned more than I ever cared to know about alligators and crocodiles - and now that I am in the know, I have permission to call them crocs and gators...
Did any of you know that alligators hiss, I didn't either, it comes right before the SNAP! :)

4 comments:
Thats fun stuff! Kenzie is a brave little girl.
Wow, looks wild! And don't you fret... I'm still working on the recipe post. I guess I just don't cook enough?
Yikes, Kenz is a brave girl. I dont know what my kids would do if they were able to hold an alligator. Glad you got pictures.
Haha I like the title of this post. You cannot say it without a southern accent- go ahead try it. It really doesn't sound right does it? Now try it with an English accent. OK enough! It looks like you had hair raising fun on that there farm.
Post a Comment