Sunday, July 10, 2011

I've Been Missing Y'all

The highlights.  Bug Man hired employee #2 - YIPEEEEEE!  This enables him to work from home.  Home - a l l t h e t i m e, in case you've noticed the change from computer addiction to complete disappearance - this is the reason.  He sits at the computer -previously MY computer working...  It is really great having him home - but the novelty is wearing off.  I spaz out if the kids are being too loud by our bedroom door, in case he's on the phone with a customer.  We keep thinking about an office but we just aren't there yet.  All in good time, I suppose.

On the other hand... it's been extra helpful lately as we have moved.  With him home we were able to move in a few days and be totally done with it!  Then during Andy's naps I would go to the old place (around the corner) and clean, it hasn't been that clean in 3 1/2 years :)  How peaceful to clean all by yourself. 

Our new place - we've moved into our friends house.  They've been temporarily reassigned to work in Australia and heck yes! we'll leave our nasty mold infested, neighborhood children infested apartment to live in your happy, clean, little house!!!  It's short term, fingers crossed, we'll be buying a house in March!!!!  :)  Maybe I shouldn't be so excited about that - it means we won't be moving home anytime soon... oh ya, that and our company wouldn't survive back home... dang it.

Lets see, for the record we need some children updates.  Andy is still little Mr. Charming.  Absolutely the most adorable, happy, perfect baby any of us have ever seen.  We all just sit around watching him be cute :)  He stands pretty well.  He's taken 2 steps.  I keep pretending he's still my little tiny baby, but he's almost 1.  Man, he's almost ONE!  Weird.  He's got a mouthful of teeth but still loves nursing and hasn't bitten me since he's had them so I guess we'll keep going!  Oh, Andy LOVES food.  It doesn't really matter what food, he's not very picky, just food.  He won't turn anything down - the only way to tell if he's full is he spits it out after he eats it :)  Usually when he's hungry he say mum mum mum mum mum until the food cometh.  He also says uh-oh, bye bye, Dad and I'm pretty sure he said truck the other day.  He really likes trucks.  There was a firetruck at church today and he was mesmerized. 

I couldn't help myself, this picture was just too cute.  I love baby bums!
Little Miss Mack.  My little dancing song bird.  A few weeks back she was hanging out with a 9 year old girl who was rather mouthy, her favorite thing to say was Really?!?!?  (insert majorly sarcastic tone) she said it about every other word.  Kenzie has added it - among other things (clarify - not naughty things, just slightly ruder than I would prefer her to speak) - to her vocabulary.  At first it was kind of funny and cute.  Not any more...  She is girly to the core of her soul, the girliest girl I know.  However, not opposed in the least to dirt, mud, and playing transformers with her brother:)  She's headed to preschool in the fall and I don't know what I'm going to do without her.  Sometimes I wonder if us deciding to hold her back was 100% for her.  I'm going to go with 98% for her :)  I'm just not ready for her to grow up so fast.  Dillon hit school and all of a sudden he was a big kid, learning things that I hadn't taught him and being all smart.  Can we just go back to them being babies?  Can't there be a temporary button we push to snuggle a sweet little 1 year old for just a few minutes, maybe let them fall asleep in my arms?  Nope.  No button, we just convince ourselves it's time for another baby :)



Dillon was taking a nap on Andy during a car ride to G-ma's, Andy woke up and proceeded to stick his fingers in D's eyes, nose & mouth, all the while D slept on :)
Dillon is going to be in SECOND GRADE!!!!  I remember second grade.  What kind of mom will he remember?  Oh boy.  He's so big.  He's huge.  That's what we want for our kids, right?  That they grow up?  Please make time freeze!  Back to Dillon.  He's an excellent reader, and a ... creative speller :).  He's a fabulous babysitter, now that he's home, I don't have to wait to shower until Andy's asleep and Kenzie's stuck in front to the tv.  This move has been pretty hard on the kids, him especially.  He had tons of friends - granted, they were NOT good friends, but they were boys to goof off with and have fun.  The kids have started swimming lessons and have been doing really well.  Dillon's goal is to stop plugging his nose :)  He loves 4-square, I think he wants to go back to school just because of it!  His favorite summer time activity so far has got to be driving his sister nuts.  They used to get a long so well.  I thought I got lucky with the awesome kids that rarely ever fight - then school got out :)  I can't complain though, I still have the awesome kids, just added the uh-uh, nuh-uh - repeat a zillion times.

Overall, pretty sure life couldn't get any better - oh wait, it's going to, this week :) 
MY DAD & MOM ARE COMING TO SEE US!!!!!
This Momma's girl stoked, beyond stoked.  They are nuts though, almost certifiable but I love 'em so gosh darn much and they don't mind so I don't mind :)  They live in southern Texas.  They are driving to Provo UT, then to Saskatoon Saskatchewan (Canada), then Spokane WA, then to me & mine, then Boise ID, then Provo UT, then back home.  All in all 6,051 miles, because they love us (us being their posterity and progenitors.)  Oh, allow me to mention another fun tidbit.  They are bringing their dog, Bowser.  And in Provo they picked up my twin 10 year old nephews.  They love me :) (and a few others but we don't need to focus on them:)

2 comments:

Rachel M. said...

Love the update!! Have so much fun with your parents!!! I cannot believe how big everyone is getting!! I sure do miss you!!

Alexis said...

Glad to see you posting. I'm still trying to catch up on my long trips. Glad to see you got a break and were able to post. It makes me miss you. Do you remember how we were going to see eachother this summer at our 10 yr... i hope that we will be able to see eachother sooner than later. Good luck with house hunting, bug killing and refereeing, I know all too much how that goes, my kids are in time out a lot for fighting. I too would like to freeze those good times tho. Hugs!