
Recent thought #1 My son, my baby, my first born, the little boy who melted my heart and changed my life forever - is almost done with Kindergarten, tomorrow is his very last day. In two very short months he'll be 6. Six, SIX, S I X - do you understand what I'm saying? I remember when I was six - very vague random memories, but they are floating in there somewhere. Maybe we could make him repeat it?!?!? I wasn't ready the first time, I have an inkling, however, that I'll never be quite ready as far as this little boy is concerned - will I be ready with any of them? I doubt it.

Recent Thought #2 Kenzie isn't a baby anymore. Doesn't it seem like an almost 4 year old could still be a baby? We've had the "Mommy can call you guys babies because you are my babies and I had you in my tummy so I always get to call you my babies' conversation more times than I can count. Our little lady definitely likes acting like a baby. She'll get in these zones where she'll be a dog or a cat or - most often - a baby, she's going to be a good little actress, she's got it down - won't break character for anything.

Recent Thought #3 It feels so weird to remember someones whole life. Thinking of all the people that fall into that category, there are very few - my brother, but I moved out of the house when he was only 13, nieces, nephews but they've lived far away, the exception: these 2 little people. I have witnessed almost every second of every day of their lives. That's a lot of living.
Recent Thought #4 Fairly soon I am going to have three children. WHAT?!?!? Yeah. 3. Scary. I've got the other two figured out, they talk, have a routine, eat, sleep and take care of their own bodily fluids... but apparently I thought it would be a good reminder for me if I just started all over again :) And - I can't wait!!! It's not just Brandon & I having a baby now, it's so different. Dillon & Kenzie get to experience this baby thing for the first time (I realize Dillon probably remembers a little bit but he's so much older now and will have so much more responsibility) It seems like this kids are just as excited about the baby as I am! I feel like Brandon & I are creating what both of us most loved about growing up - our families. Sometimes it seems a little daunting...

Side notes of some minor or major importance - depending on who is telling you.
Brandon brought home a salamander. The kids wanted to keep it, so he let them - what a nice Dad he is :) They played with it all day - with me watching them like a hawk and finally making them JUST LOOK!!! Sometime in the middle of the night Optie, short for Optimus Prime, passed away when he escaped from the home we had made for him and had to be flushed down the toilet. I have since been informed that is not the proper way to bury a deceased pet and will result in childhood scars which will never fade. The kids mourn him to this day. Brandon and I have agreed we will eventually get some fish, maybe a frog. No salamanders. Possibly a lizard.
Kenzie started ballet last week. A wonderful friend of ours wanted her daughters in classes but since we are all too poor to pay for actual ballet classes, she asked another wonderful lady in our ward if we could borrow her dance studio and my friend would teach the classes. It was so adorable. Kenzie was born to be a ballerina - or whatever else she wants to be :) She also started speech therapy last week and is doing really well, she is learning about tappers and scrapers (ask her to demonstrate when you see her) and really likes her therapist Carol - all though she did tell me on the way there today that she doesn't like Carol's hair, just her face and her voice, okay. :)

Dillon finished up t-ball and remained unimpressed. He informed me on multiple occasions that he only liked the treats. He did a lot of playing in dirt. Sitting in grass. Putting his glove on his head. Playing with the kids nearby. And HITTING! Our son is an awesome batter. He hit multiple home runs and thought it was really funny to race the people who were on 1st, 2nd or 3rd going to home base, often he would beat them - I think he liked racing more than the game :) He was very impressed by his trophy, didn't care about the pizza party except the cupcakes and the trophy. Now, of course, Kenzie is desperate to get a trophy, the joy of being the younger sibling.

1 comment:
i love your recent thoughts and love hearing about your ballerina and reluctant baseball enthusiast.
i wouldnt worry about the toilet, haha, if it's not one thing its another right? :)
Post a Comment