Monday, May 3, 2010

Did You Know Some People BUY Worms???

This is my little garden. I miss having a house. It was so fun, while it lasted. Now it'll be years before I can call a place my own. BUT for now I can still have my friends - the pretend garden :)


The biggest pot is my pride and joy, BLUEBERRIES!!! I know they don't look like much but they will. I'll post a picture of them next year - they'll have happy little blue deliciousness attached to them - if I don't kill it :) Then there are some pepper plants, cucumbers, peas and strawberries - well, the strawberries are in a hanging basket so this pic doesn't show them - move to the next one...

If it turns out as pretty as it is in my imagination there will be vines of strawberries draping over the edges of the basket, there's a little bud and there have been more but the stupid birds think I am growing them to them to eat...

This is what entertains my children while they play outside... Look closely - not at the green pepper plant but at the dirt at the bottom of the picture... They used to dig up worms and make 'castles' for them - until I told them that worms FAVORITE thing is to be in pots. Every one of my pots is the happy owner of ... hmmmm, I'd estimate 20-100 worms :) Everyday they find a handful more and dump them into their new 'castle.' I love it :)


Isn't that the happiest little face - orange popsicle lips and all! Oh man I love 'em. Dillon does the digging but for some reason he doesn't pick up the worms - that's Kenzie's job. She sits next to him waiting until he says there is a worm then she jumps up and gathers up all the worms he uncovered. Some sort of plan they must have worked out...

Random side note - I switched to Picasa and now my pictures don't rotate when I upload them - solution from my Picasa using friends???

4 comments:

Queen of the Hill said...

I love that it's Kenzie's job to pick up the worms!

Congrats on getting your garden started. I have that itch, but it has been too cold here :(

thepainterfamily said...

what good worm collectors! :)

I just picked up some plants today, and will be doing the same "faux" garden too hehe!

Someday we will have a yard again, right!?

Jessica Brown said...

Your garden is beautiful. My herbs are dying and I don't know why. I have watered them faithfully everyday for the last three months. :( Why oh why?

Picassa problems. That is weird. I am always able to rotate and save. Hmmm. . .I'll think about that one.

Alexis said...

You are always so good with gardening. We are planning on planting our first garden... hopefully this weekend. So, is Dil afraid of worms? Or is he just a good big brother?