Wednesday, March 11, 2009

AMAZING GF Chocolate Chip Cookies!!!


These are divine - they are so wonderful, I can't even believe they are gluten free!!! Oh I've been in heaven. They are so good. I'm pretty sure they are the best cookies I've ever had! I know you wheaties are disappointed - I don't post for weeks and then it's a recipe??? Sorry, I had to!!! (these can be very easily changed if a wheatie wants to make them - I do highly recommend the coconut flour though for all your dessert baking - it's at most health food stores. Take out the rice flour, cornstarch, tapioca and xanthan gum sub with 2 1/4 c. all purpose flour)

Best Chewy, Goowey, Puffy, Chocolate Chip Cookies EVER!!!
8 oz butter
1 c brown rice flour
1 c coconut flour - I'm telling you, even the wheatie's need to start using this stuff - it's amazing!
1/4 c cornstarch
2 tb tapioca
1 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 c sugar
1 1/4 c brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tb milk
2 tsp vanilla (I've recently discovered the power of real vanilla, I can't believe how much better it is!)
1 bag Ghiradelli milk chocolate chips (oh yes!!!)

Preheat oven to 275 - I've played around a bit with this temp, that's for here - I'm not sure how this will work for those not at sea level - so bake a couple before you do a whole batch, they should look like they aren't done all the way though, they don't darken very much at all and they are very squishy.

Melt butter in a saucepan on low heat

Sift flours, xanthan, salt and bk soda. Put butter in mixing bowl and add sugars, cream 1 minute. Add eggs, milk, and vanilla mix well. Slowly add flour, when mixed add chocolate chips.

Chill 1 hour - crucial. Shape and bake for 14 minutes. Let cool on pan at least 2 minutes before cooling on wire rack. These taste particularly good warm and gooey, these are also the first ones I've had that also taste good as dough!!! :) I typically shape half the batch, put it in a ziplock bag and freeze them, then you can just bake them frozen for a little bit longer.


However where there is good there can also be bad... Due to the very high fiber content in coconut flour (23% in 2 tbs!) you should both be encouraged and discouraged from eating too many... not a problem us celi-akies normally have :)

4 comments:

Rachel M. said...

I can't believe how long her hair is!

Gibb Family said...

Yum! Glad you found a yummy recipe. She is getting so big.

Queen of the Hill said...

I'm super excited to try this recipe! I have heard really great things about the coconut flour, so you would think I would have some but I don't. I am going to go buy some this week so I can try these!

izzorch said...

My sister's son is allergic to wheat, corn, oats, and soy. I emailed her the recipe and they seem really excited to try it. P.S. Almost all of your Beehives are Miamaids. We miss you!