Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Newest Addition...

Big long stories are a little too laborious for my present mood and since this is a big long story, I thought I would condense it. For those of you willing to read it; this is the last year of Bradshaw work related history and major life changes - in a nutshell. I know some of my friends wish I would stop talking about this so they get a free pass, you guys can skip reading time just this once. This might still be long but trust me, for you it is a mere four minutes, for us it was months of WAITING, constantly waiting!

Brandon was working for a finance company and hated it. He was looking around for jobs but nothing seemed to fit. Thanks to an old mission buddy he was recruited to work for a company here in Seattle - Pointe Pest Control. From countin' money to killin' bugs (it was a lot more than that but this is the nutshell version ladies) We moved here in March and instantly fell in love. He loved this job more than any job he had ever done in his whole life. He loved them, they loved him, he was going places, he was finally happy - thus wifey was happy - until . . .

The recession hit Pointe and Terminix bought out the company. After much uncertainty we were offered a job with Terminix and took it. He stuck it out for a few months of misery and hated every minute of it. An idea was born months ago but it wasn't until this deprivation from happiness that it hatched.

Brandon has started his own pest control company. We are so excited we are bustin' at the seams although panic sets in on a regular basis :) Our life is changing rapidly and one way or the other - succeed or fail - we know things are never going to be quite the same.
EcoElite is born... no I'm not pregnant :)

7 comments:

nea and rusty said...

congratulations! it was good to chat about the excitement and scares of what the future will bring. good luck!

tyler family said...

Congrats guys! What a big & EXCITING step for you! I really hope it all goes well!!

I am bummed you are not preggers!!!

Alexis said...

I'm glad that things are going well. I like the name and picture. I know how hard it is to find a name since our friends went thru a ton of ideas before they settled on their name. I hope that everything works out well and that Brandon will be happy.

Jessica Brown said...

I still read every word even though I know it all! I love that you guys are starting your own business. With Brandon's skills in finance and business and people skills he is going to do great. And I love the logo. Does Brandon have graphic design skills that i was unaware of?? It's the best pest control logo I've ever seen!

thepainterfamily said...

oh yeah Natalie! I love this post! Deep down, I have a feeling 2009 is going to be a pretty fun and wild ride!

and as far as being pregnant is concerned...I'm honestly not sure WHICH birth I currently fear more! hehe!

and I am just not brave enough to talk about it...or admit there might be BIG changes coming up! though your enthusiasm is catching!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.