So a few weeks ago Pickle and I went school clothes shopping. We found some super cute shoes (not the ones pictured - I wouldn't let him wear his new shoes until school started:) ) that he liked but I bought them thinking I'll just tie them until he learns, it only takes a few weeks to learn right? Any how, I got home and the husband was less than happy because he didn't think he could learn to tie his shoes before school started - I WIN :) He learned to tie his shoes in TWO DAYS!!!!!!!

He wanted to play outside but I was busy getting Squishy's shoes on so he did it all by himself after day two of practicing, I didn't even realize he was doing it, he just walked out with them all tied up and I started doing the happy mommy dance which, of course, was followed by pictures :)



4 comments:
WAIT. school? as in kindergarten!??? (gasp) I get a little week-in-the-knees just thinking about that! (next year for us) how is he doing?
I bet that shoe tying was a boost of confidance! :) very cool!
So I want to hear all about school...and I want to hear more about your Target shopping trip! (way to go!) do you look at "good deal blogs" ? (I made that name up....what else do you call them?)
Good for him...that's so exciting!!
Okay so I'm not going to lie, I almost started crying when I read this. Haha I'm so lame! I'm just so proud of him... Dang that child grew up fast! Miss and love you all tons!
Wow! I tried to avoid buying shoes that laced, but we had a hard time finding velcro shoes for Meg this year and went with the laces, she picked it up quicker then I thought she would. We have amazing kids. He is going to be at the top of his class already knowing how to tie his shoes, that is what they are working on in Megan's 1st grade class.
Post a Comment