Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Big Move

Checking in to let all know that the Bradshaw clan made it to our destination safely. We are all doing well, with the exception of the slave driver who thinks a house should be completely unpacked, organized and clean in a matter of days... wonder who that is?!?!? For those who don't know we just moved from our beloved home (with 4 bedrooms and TONS of storage on a few acres) in Idaho to a tiny little apartment just outside Seattle in Kent. (I suppose if you compare this apartment to the one when we first married we really are moving up in the world:) ) So far so good.

Dillon & Kenzie seem to be adjusting well. Yesterday was beautiful and sunny so the kids were outside playing in the play ground (along with about 20 other kids!) They were the only white ones, Dillon didn't even notice. I thought he'd have questions about that but not a word. He's made friends with a little Mexican girl from across the way, she only speaks Spanish so they talk back and forth not understanding a single thing the other one says. Every now and then Dillon will throw in a little made up garble trying to sound like Spanish - it's pretty funny. He has a follower too. A tiny little girl (Kenzie's size but clearly older) walked right up to me and said, "Hi-ya, I'm Darcy, what's your babies name, she's pretty cute, why's she so sad, my moms at home talkin' but I'm here with my... (she went for quite a while:) ) (the Texas accent made it even cuter) She followed Dillon around most of the day yesterday, he didn't seem to mind too much.

Church on Sunday was good. The ward seems really friendly and excited about new blood:) The kids did okay too. Kenzie has previously done really badly in nursery - if she'd go at all, there is a very take charge nursery leader, when Brandon walked in she took Kenzie and kicked him out. She said she'll have Kenzie enjoying nursery in a few weeks. Good luck to her on that one.

All in all we are doing pretty good. Missing my family and friends terribly but doing well. As soon as I find my camera I'll post a bunch of our new place.

Ohh, super cool, we found out that next month the whales are migrating, so we are going to the ocean!!! Tomorrow is Brandon's b-day and we are planning to go to the aquarium - depending of course on the rain... On of our goals for this year, for the year we live here, is to be tourists. We want to see everything. Thinking of it makes me tired:) but sooooo excited!

Oh, a definite down side is that you don't have any tv unless you get cable or something - how do you survive no tv???

You've never seen green until you've seen Seattle! The week we picked our apartment was my first time here. It's so beautiful, jaw dropping, almost tearfully beautiful. How could I have never been here before?

I know my posts are few and far between but forgive a crazy lady her failings a few more times. Man, I was looking at some of your blogs and got all depressed, FYI - your blogs are sooooo much cooler than mine:)

2 comments:

tyler family said...

I have been wondering how the move went. It is sad to drive by your old house and know you guys aren't there. That is so funny about Dillon at the park. I can totally see him making up something in Spanish so he can be a part of the conversation. You will have to post some pics so we can see where you are at. First things first....tackle unpacking :( Technically you do have a year to get all the unpacking done, right? Haha, try and pass that off with Brandon :) Happy b-day to him. I will end my 10 page post. Have a good day!

Linz

Alexis said...

Nice to have you back! I can't wait to see pictures, I will have to tag you for the parade of homes once I do it (our camera is being fixed, the flash wasn't working, 3 months old, crazy) so anyways you take a bunch of pictures of your house, check out lindy milne (Olsen) blog from mine she did it and tagged me. Anyways. I'll catch up with you later. have fun at the ocean, I am so jealous. I have to go to bed cuz I have a race tomorrow. I'll tell you moer later. Glad that you're back and doing well. Happy Birthday Brandon! Love you!