Monday, May 14, 2007

Our First Garden


I know this isn't that exciting to everyone else, but this is our first garden. It's so fun. I'm sure once there are more weeds than veggies I will not think it is so fun but that's why I'm writing now rather than when the weeds are there:) I dug all the holes and let Dillon put in the seeds. He keeps telling me we are going to have food out there - if I can keep it watered! I definitely have a new respect for farmers, it's not as easy as it looks! Our ground is hard and rocky. It took all day just to get the soil loose enough to plant. Brandon built the trellis's and the beans will grow up them- if they know what's good for 'em. I'll add more pictures to this once we've got some sprouts so you can see it step by step. I'm going to be a homemaking fool this summer. We sprayed our fruit trees early enough so hopefully we'll be able to eat everything before the bugs do. I'll be canning, gardening and making an all out attempt at perfection this summer, please don't laugh when I fail miserably :)

No comments: